This type of sauna rapidly induces heavy sweating and an increased heart rate, similar to those experienced during moderate exercise, but the benefits of FIS are thought to be greater than that of aerobic exercise. Toxins in the body can accumulate in the skin and the liver and sweating is one of the body’s natural ways to remove toxins. By invoking effective detoxification of the body, FIS optimises the efficiency of the immune system, helping to prevent or recover from illness, and generally improving health and vitality.
How it works
Far infrared sauna uses light to create heat. During this process, the sauna only heats 20% of the air, leaving the remaining 80% of the heat available to your body. FIS works by deeply penetrating joints, muscles and other soft tissue, increasing circulation and improving oxygen uptake by cells. Many physicians recommend this to athletes for sporQts injuries, but also generally for pain relief, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia rheumatica, and other chronic pain syndromes.